Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No More Night

"And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God...And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign forever and ever"

(Revelation 21:10; 22:5).

As I seek to live now in the realization of this future glory, I am inspired to sing with the hymnwriter Frances Havergal,

"Take my moments and my days,

Let them flow in ceaseless praise."

3 comments:

  1. Happy Fourth of July! How'd y'all celebrate? We celebrated with homemade fireworks.
    Ever heard of Amish bombs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Johann, this Independence Day went by rather "normally." I spent the day studying, and everyone else cleaned out the basement and cooked and cleaned in the kitchen!

    I learned something I hadn't known before, though. Within hours of each other, both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on July 4, 1826 - even as celebration festivities were taking place on the semicentennial of the signing of the Declaration.

    No I haven't heard of Amish bombs. :) What are they?

    Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are plastic bottles with the bottoms filled with aluminum foil strips, which you combine with the Works toilet cleaner. You shake it up and it explodes in about 5 minutes, hopefully. They make a loud bang and a lot of smoke!
    We had a normal day, with a fun evening. We fired a potato cannon as well as the Amish bombs, courtesy of Josiah Detwiler, my sister's fiance.
    I actually found your blog via a comment you left on his engagement post! :)
    That's interesting about Thomas Jefferson and John Adams! Here's an excellent blog I follow:
    http://kansasguy.blogspot.com/
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete